Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Treasuring Emma


Well. As you have read my two earlier reviews I tend to like my books a little more...... adventurous then this book looks but I have sworn to be diverse in this blog so here we go.

Treasuring Emma came to me threw book sneeze for free, as I have signed up to write reviews on any books I read for them. This book is written by Kathleen Fuller. I choose to read this book because a while back I read an Amish book and started to look into their life style and their way of living. Now from what I know the Amish would not allow their women to read romance novels. ( those dirty things. tehehe)
So the very fact not only is there one of these book but a hole series just makes me giggle. I think I did pick a rather good book this time as it seem to have everything. The soon to be old maid at 24 years old, whose life is full of misery at every turn in the road. The difficult older sister already married off and with children. Loving and super intuitive yet sick Grandma, the banished ex love of her life. Last but not least a new man in town...... Good... or... BAD.....

I found the story held my attention very well and rather enjoyed how the author jumped to each character, you never got bored. How ever being that it was considered a romance book I did assume there would be at least one or two heated scenes in the book. Being that is was Amish I knew that a sex scene might be a little too much to ask. Looking back I guess there was at least one Heat scene. For me how ever it was just not enough. To me a good romance novel must have sex inside some where, and the usual build up of sexual tension, ending of course with the ultimate sex scene. Ok now I'm just getting hope full aren't I.
That being said I found this book more of a drama then a romance so I'm going to be giving it three star's out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment